Monday, February 15, 2010

Rip, Mix and Burn

I found the video about the lawsuits on former types of media very interesting. I had no idea that there was so much controversy with things like the ff button and the video tape. I knew that copyrighted material couldn't be shown in a classroom (however I think it is absurd). I know that in my district teachers use videos in their classroom and no one says anything about it. When using a video for educational purposes it seems that should be allowed. Ii'm interested to see the remainder of the video to hear about CD's,DVD's and itunes and napster.

3 comments:

  1. I agree with your comment about "if it is it used for educational purposes than it should be allowed." Fully agree!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to second that if it is used for educational purposes it should be alllowed. That is exactly what i said in my post. Amen to that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I only hope that our friends in the American Library Association will be able to keep these doors open for us.

    This is why there was the original exemption called "Fair Use" which has, over time, been whittled down to where it is almost meaningless.

    KK

    ReplyDelete